League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, September 04, 2004

    New Pedro Old Results


    He rarely punches out ten plus any more, and don't see un-hitable 95 mile per hour fast balls all night long any more, but Pedro has done what many have failed to do in the past. He has made the successful conversion from a power pitcher to a finesse pitcher. No longer relying on his heat he relys on what is called "hitting his spots" or what use to be called pitching.
    Right now, I'm in good shape. I'm at a tip-top point in my game. I can spot the pitches where I want to."
    Martinez said after his 15th win of the season.
    They are a very good team. As young as they are, they are disciplined. But I was able to make it happen. If you gave me the chance, I was going to get you. I had good command of every pitch I had, and I used it. I'm pretty happy with the way everything went.

    Martinez's Pitching line- 7.0Inn, 4Hits, 0Runs, 0Earned, 1BB, 9K, 0HR.
    He lowered his ERA from 3.78 (two starts ago) to 3.55 nearly a full run below the league average of 4.48
    Martinez has a message for his friends in New York just 2.5 games ahead.
    We're coming and we're coming hard," said Martinez. "If we stay healthy and continue to do the little things that we have done so well and picking each other up, I think we're going to give anybody a hard time."

    Full Story

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home