League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, August 15, 2004

    Big Pappa Does The Heavy Lifting


    SOX RALLY IN 8TH, WIN 4-3
    It looked like it might be another dark day at Fenway as Curt Schilling gave up back to back home runs in the first inning.
    I gave up two homers on fastballs that I missed horribly with," he said. "But I can't abandon my fastball. That's my bread and butter."
    On Saturday, however looks were quite deceiving, as Schilling stayed in the game and only allowed 1 more run over the next 7 innings. That was all the Sox needed. To stay close and The Big Pappa David Ortiz did it again, and again for that matter. Ortiz went deep in the fourth inning and again in the eight to take the lead again as he picked Schilling up and secured him his 14 victory of the season.
    What they want him to do is pitch around me," Ortiz said. "I was aggressive. He made a mistake. He put it in the middle of the plate."


    Oh it should be noted that Manny also went deep.
    "If we're going to get to where we want, they're going to have to be big parts of it," Red Sox manager Terry Francona said.

    Box Score

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home