League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, August 03, 2004

    Nomar Rips Sox Management


    After Larry Lucchino spoke to the media about conversations he Sox management had with Nomar about his health and ability to take the field down the stretch Garciaparra told his side of the story yesterday.
    "I don't know why they brought up private conversations," Garciaparra said. "But I'll just give you the facts.

    "We were concerned with how the Achilles' was going, so I talked to the trainers and the manager to make sure we were all on the same page.
    Read: I need some time off and may need to go onto the DL in August.

    "Was it sore? Yes. Did it hurt? Yes. But it was about avoiding going on the disabled list, it was about avoiding time off. I also was saying that I couldn't continue playing every single day [this] season. I never said I couldn't play.
    Wait, didn't you just say you couldn't play every day? Now I am confused, but do go on.

    "The issue was the six games on turf [three in Minnesota, three in Tampa Bay]. But I was playing on it. Maybe I'd have to miss more than one day once in a while, maybe consecutive days to make sure it was OK. But after I missed the first game Friday [in Minnesota], I was in the lineup the next day."
    On grass for another team, yes I see your point exactly. So you don't like playing on turf, how do you feel about jungle gyms, or water slides, do you like playing on those?

    Full Story

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home