League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, July 27, 2004

    Millar Finds Groove and AL Player of the Week


    It was no secret that Millar was playing like a Japanese ball player for almost a year now.
    I got out of my coma," Millar said. "I mean, I was in a coma for 2 1/2 months."
    Um, more like a year KFC boy, but it appears that a change in his stance has been a revitalization tonic.
    I just went into the cages and opened my stance up and it's allowed me to throw my top hand, because I'm a pull hitter and I just wasn't bringing that top hand through,' so opening my stance up really has helped out. [Curt] Schilling told me, '[Cal] Ripken played 3,000 games. He had 20 different stances, so it's time for you to make an adjustment.' So I did and it worked."
    The change in stance has produced sexy results on and off the field. This week (as predicted by The Boston Blogger)Millar was named AL Player of the week... well, co-player of the week with Tejada.
    That's awesome," said Millar. "Me and Tejada, wow. I'm not a good enough player to be in there."
    You are right again Kevin.

    Full Story

    3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Red Sox fans are deranged, retarded in the head fans... Always blaming the Yankees for their failure. How can you morons say the Yankees suck when NY is always excelling in the post-season and you guys are watching your team lose. I hate the Red Sox fans... They give such a asshole representation of their team and their city. Infatuation with a team that throughout history has simply been better... It's really plain and simple... This false rivalry that is made up by Boston fans and the media... What Rivalry? Last time I checked to have a great rivalry both teams would have to have their own equal and respected sucesses which the Red Sox have not had. Oh, and let me mentioneed the unprofessianal team you guys put out there to play everyday. A bunch of asshole, hairy, pine-tar fucking fat players... Stop the fucking hugging, stop the shit slogans (Cowboy Up!), Manny and Pedro be a little more mature and act like leaders!!! Varitek, stop trying to be the hard ass "yeah I love my team" prick. Schilling just shut the fuck up and go away. Stop acting like the boss in the dugout! Nomar, I like you, just leave and get away from this 617 mess. Trot, Mueller... fucking shave!!!!! Ortiz you fat "Papi" prick, stop wearing cups on your ears and jumping around the dugout like an unsupervised kid... act like you've been there before! Wakefield, you're not even a real fucking pitcher, aren't you embarassed... and you fucking stink!!!! And last... Kevin MIllar... I hate you more than any of these guys... You are a complete fat prick with a stupid ape attitude that does'nt suit a city like Boston... Nobody cares about your fat, fucking fake smile and your shit grin... Go back to Texas fat boy!!!!! Oh, two more... Grady... you never did know how to coach... and Terry you look like a lost kangaroo sitting there in the dugout... No-one respects you at all and you also don't know how to keep you're players in check!!!! I'm done...

    11:24 AM, July 28, 2004  
    Blogger THE BOSTON BLOGGER said...

    Are you kidding me?
    Have you watched any of the Sox Yanks games this year? I too once thought that this was an overblown rivalry but that is not the case. Read the New York papers prior to a Sox Yankees game, they do not act like this is another series with Texas or Oakland. They know that we can beat up on them at any given time. Like we have all year in fact, last I checked we are leading the year long series 8 to 5. The AL East is the Yankees to lose, and the Sox just may help them do that.

    12:01 PM, July 28, 2004  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yes I've watched every single Yankees/Sox game this year and they have been intense hard fought battles by both teams... but the stuation here is in the long-run who always ends up winning the battle... THE YANKEES... for like the last 90 years... Sox have no history of winning to stand on so the fans need to give a rest... Oh and you know why some Yankees fans are Arrogant and Happy, because we win and we have the right to be that way! We're proud of our team... Think about it.. Your Patriots have been a pretty dominant team the last couple of years... Don't you like that feeling?

    5:02 PM, July 28, 2004  

    Post a Comment

    << Home