League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, July 27, 2004

    Pedro Gets W and Tweaked Hip


    Sox Beat Baltimore 12-5, make it three in a row but stay at 7.5 games back with an extra inning Yankee victory. While the Pedro of old is cleary gone the new Pedro who is old is becomeing more consistant and regaining some of his ace stature. It looks like Schilling and Martinez will be in contention for the AL Cy Young award.
    I just tried to be aggressive. It's not like I did the best job,'' Martinez said. ``You just go right after them and try to make things happen. This time we didn't give them a chance.''
    A rain soaked mound did not make for stable ground for Pedro as he appeared to slip in the 7th inning and could have tweaked his hip.
    I think I'm going to be OK. I don't think that I'll miss an outing," he said. "Tomorrow I'll see how I feel."

    Full Story

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home