League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, August 02, 2004

    Now That Nomar is Gone Lets Party


    He was always misable
    Sean McDonough
    The Sox are 0-2 after the nomar trade, but what is more sobering is the fact that Orlando Cabrera who was aquired for his defense made the game losing fielding error as he boot a cut off throw.
    I was thinking (Ford) was trying to score," Cabrera said. "We missed the cut and I saw the play as a loose ball. I went after it, and didn't see (first baseman David McCarty ) behind me. I kicked it with my left foot and it got away."
    And so did the game Jerk Store. Welcome to Boston.
    In a strange turn of events Pedro dominated in the seveth inning and should have pitched the eigth. Pedro and the managment thought differently.
    Our plan was for me to pitch 100 or 110 pitches, and that's where I ended up," Martinez said. "I could've gone nine but I didn't want to push it, go nine and lose my next outing."
    Lose your next outing or lose your last game?


    * Cabrera is the eighth player to hit a home run in his first plate appearance with the Red Sox.
    * Boston slugger David Ortiz dropped his appeal and began serving a five-game suspension.
    * The Twins and Red Sox drew 113,297 fans to the Metrodome during the weekend, the most to watch a three-game series in Minnesota since the Red Sox came to town in August 2002.


    Full Story

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home