League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, May 19, 2005

    Oh Wells


    Today's effort by Wells was so bad that it inspired me to do nothing more than post one of my previous posts about Wells and his super fabulous ways.

    PitcherIPHRERBBSOHRERA
    David Wells (L,2-4) 1.1977001 6.75


    It is too early in the season to make any snap judgments but this is what we know:
    The Red Sox were the only team in baseball willing to offer David Wells a job this year, he had horrible spring training, and he has looked even worse in his first two starts. Bronson Arroyo is the only Sox starter with a win, and by the way Wells is throwing the ball recently he may never even register a win all season long in a Red Sox uniform. Theo took a gamble on Wells knowing that he threw strikes. It turns out that Theo was only half right. Wells does in fact still throw strikes, they just happen to be strikes that get hit all over the park all day long. In my 20 plus years as Sox fan I have never seen a Red Sox pitcher give up three consecutive home run balls to three consecutive batters. I would be a happy man if I went another 20 years before I saw that again. David, please retire.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home