League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, May 11, 2005

    From Zero To Hero

    Dotel it on the Mountain!

    Millar, who has been slumping all year long (last night not included), was back to his old form with two strike outs and two defensive errors playing first. His only way to save face was to win the game with a walk off homer, and that is exactly what he did. The fast ball hitter sent a Dotel fastball into the light tower for a two run walk off shot. Millar how did you feel about sucking right up until you stop sucking tonight?
    I just got to drive in more than I let in. That's the big thing. I told Theo that today, I said we are going to take offense instead of defense so I just got to start swinging the bats better."-- Kevin Millar

    Theo's side of the story
    He said we don't pay him enough to play both offense and defense and he had been playing only defense. A few days ago I said flip the switch, it is time for offense, we will be ok with out your defense."-- Theo Epstein


    May 10, 2005

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
    Oakland
    1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0
    2 3 0
    Boston
    0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 2
    3 5 2

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home