League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, August 16, 2004

    Welcome to Second Base Bitch!


    What happens when your team trades for a defensive first baseman? You play him at second. That's what happened to Mientkiewicz Monday night, he was greeted by Carlos Delgado with a rough slide to break up the double play as he was forced out and then Mientkiewicz decided to give Delgato a verbal welcome of his own.
    On one hand, he played the game the way it's supposed to be played,'' Mientkiewicz said. ``He played it hard and there's nothing dirty about it. I just felt he knew I'm not a second baseman and I don't appreciate the fact that he took advantage of it. I don't think it's a cheap shot, but let's put it this way, I wouldn't do that to (a guy) who was playing his first game at second base.''


    Full Story

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home