League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, June 17, 2004

    Schilling to Miss Tuesday's Start


    Curt Schilling to miss next start and may go on the DL.
    Schilling had an MRI of his injured ankle on Friday and results of that MRI however, Schilling said prior to the MRI, according to a source cited online, that he will skip his next start prior to the results of the MRI results. This turn of events does not necessarily mean that he will land on the DL:

    I'm not really of the mind that we're up against the wall," Schilling said. "It feels better and we're doing everything we can do to make it feel better on a daily basis."


    Schilling will have significant input on when or if he goes on the DL.

    "It's not one person's decision," he said. "I'm 37 years old and I know my body. I'm not going to put myself in position to end my career or anything like that, but I certainly will have some input on how this plays out."


    Schilling who flew back to Boston after his last start called the teams manager and told him of his ankles progress or lack there off:

    "If he needs a little time off, we'll be more than happy to give it to him," said Francona. "We'll see how he does."



    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home