League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, June 17, 2004

    Nomar is Hurt Again



    ``I can't win - 21 ABs (for Pawtucket) but no, `You're faking it' and `Cmon, what are you waiting for?' Then I come back, they are still going to say `See - he sucks. He's not good. You were bad last year, you're bad this year.' It's a no-win situation. They should just be glad I'm back.''


    ``I've been judged on one month - I've got eight years,'' Garciaparra, bemoaning the ``what have you done for me lately?'' standards of some, said before last night's 7-6 loss to the Colorado Rockies. ``Think about what I've done. What would you rather have: eight great years and one bad month or eight bad months and one good year? I think those eight years count - they will somewhere, to somebody.

    ``Everyone assumes I'm someone different, or I'm trying to do something different, but people have been assuming what I'm like for so long now,'' he said, ``so apparently what I've done over the past eight years obviously means nothing. What counts is the end of last year or the offseason. Apparently eight years don't count, but I think they count - they count somewhere.''


    Michael Silverman Boston Herald Sport Full Story

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home