League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, June 14, 2004

    Pokey Man



    Pokey Reese Makes a Ridicules Rally Stopping Catch
    He also got it done with the bat, knocking in two of the four runs.

    ``I thought the ball was in the outfield already. And all of a sudden, Pokey stuck his glove up,'' said Martinez. ``It wasn't real.''

    "I mean, [right fielder] Gabe [Kapler] and I started diving for that ball," center fielder Johnny Damon said.

    "You know what, I didn't see it, because when it was about halfway there I'm looking down at my card for the next hitter," Red Sox manager Terry Francona said. "I just glanced down because I knew it was in the gap. ... It was just a hit. Then it wasn't a hit."

    "He's something special," Jason Varitek said. "All you have to do is stand behind him in batting practice and try and shadow him and you learn how slow you are."

    "It's Pokey's game today. It's his game and his win. If you ask me who was the winner today, I would say Pokey. He deserves all the credit," winning pitcher Pedro Martinez said. "Tonight was his night."

    Photo Courtesy
    Box Score
    Full Story

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home