League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, June 23, 2004

    Hats Off to Nomar


    Garciaparra hits his first home run of the season in grand slam style
    The Road Worriers were happy to be back home and do what they do best: win at Fenway. Tuesday night, Ortiz, Nomar, and Ramirez all went deep leading the Sox to a 9 to 2 victory.

    "It was nice," said Garciaparra, who was activated June 9. "We never counted on just one guy. We expect to pick each other up, always."


    Nixon's welcome home homerun robbed by Jacque Jones
    "I was excited to get back into the swing of things here, but I wasn't very happy with Jacque Jones and his stunts out in right field," joked Nixon. "He's a good friend. I've gone against him for quite a few years. I've been on the front office to move those fences in about five yards but they just won't listen."


    Is Curt Still Hurt?
    "I thought he really pitched tonight," said skipper Terry Francona. "I think he even made the comment to me when he came out (of the game) that he was a little sluggish. He didn't have his best fastball, but I thought he really located."
    "Coming out in the bullpen and prior to the game I was a little (sluggish)," said Schilling. "I think it had to do with being away from the team for a couple of days and not being around this environment."



    Box Score

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home