League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, September 08, 2004

    Lowes Road Improvement


    Lowe didn't have a cake walk in Oakland last night, but he did pitch well enough for the Sox to beat the A's for the 7th time this season.
    The four walks didn't help, but I tried not to give in and I tried to throw strikes," Lowe said. "This is a very good team. They do a lot of things, and they play extremely well here."

    With the win Lowe improves to 14-10, his fifth straight decision, and the Sox have now won 25 of their last 30.
    Every night we're patting somebody else on the back," Francona said. "I think that's how winning teams play. If somebody doesn't get a hit with one out, somebody else gets it with two outs. We're playing pretty consistent baseball right now."

    Damon lead the game off with a homer, in his first start since missing four games due to a bruised pinky.
    I couldn't even grip a bat a couple days ago, so this is a relief," Damon said.

    Full Story

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I found your blog on google, and I was just wondering how you got the little charts with the AL East and Wildcard standings on the side like that. Pretty clever, I must say.

    4:37 PM, September 08, 2004  

    Post a Comment

    << Home