League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, June 10, 2004

    One Up Two To Go


    Now that Nomar is back, where the hell is Nixon or Williamson, or BK Kim for that matter? Actually Kim can stay in Korea getting his muscles realigned upon second thought. It appears that Nixon, the original dirt dog, will rise from the DL next. He was suppose to start a re-hab game yesterday in FL but inclement weather made Nixon to decide to scrap that idea and simply fly back to Boston and head to Fenway park.

    Trot Nixon said last night the strained left quadriceps and herniated disk that have side-lined him since spring training are "not an issue" and that he hopes to be back with the Red Sox within a week.

    I would like to say days," Nixon said about his return. "I think it's going to depend on how [the quad] responds in the games."

    I'm probably not going to see many triples, unless (an outfielder) falls down out there,'' said Nixon, who is scheduled to play five innings against Louisville tonight. I'd like to let my instincts take over but that might hurt Me.''



    Does this look like minor league pitching?
    Scott Williamson
    an integral part of the bullpen bridge from starter to closer Foulke who has been sidelined since May 19th with elbow tendonitis is also very close to returning. Unlike Nomar, Williamson is not excited about playing for Pawtucket.

    ``I'll do whatever they want me to but I don't need (a rehab appearance),'' he said. ``I'm feeling great. Hopefully, I'll take the day off (today) and I'll be activated (tomorrow).''



    So long guys!
    When Nomar came up Brain Daubach was outright released to make room for #5. Fortunately and not surprisingly Daubach cleared waivers and accepted an assignment with Pawtucket. Thanks to The Ortiz The Dauber has not had much playing time this year and little success has followed him when he has played. But even with the wrong lefty righty match up I will take The Dauber 10 times out of 10 over Andy Dominique at first base. Dominique botched catching a one hopper throw from Nomar which didn't end the inning. Dominique then made a wild throw to home which got away from the catcher, giving Dominique a throwing error and the Padres a run. That play resulted in the first runs on the board, and turned the tides for the game last night.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home