League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, July 18, 2005

    The Begining of the End

    It's all over, break out your nearest panic button and start pushing. The Sox just lost to the devil dogs, Damon's streak is over, and the Yankees have moved into first place. F-ing great. Just when it was starting to look like the Yankees had no chance of eclipsing the Red Sox win total due to their piss poor pitching performance, but now after Al Leiter looked like Cy Young Sunday night anything is possible. This sucks. Bellhorn Sucks. The Yankees Suck. Stop ruining my summer. If I have one dream for my beloved Red Sox in this post apocalyptic world championship world it would be for the Sox to win the AL East. This is beginning to feel like all too many summers of the past, the Sox start off hot, struggle a bit, but are still in first place by the fourth of July, then WHAMO! Yankees move into first and it is a fruitless uphill battle until the end of September.

    Oh well, the mulligan card will be firmly in play.

    3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, you must be joking. I'm a Yankee fan and the season doesn't end on July 18th. The real thing I wonder is if the wild card comes out of the East this year.

    2:38 AM, July 19, 2005  
    Blogger Kyle said...

    I agree, stop ruining my summer!! Those Chicago White Sox lurk ever so close to putting us out of the race completely.

    8:45 AM, July 19, 2005  
    Blogger Jimmy J said...

    I cant belive we let the yanks pass us!

    My Sox Blog
    http://bosox21.blogspot.com/

    4:13 PM, July 19, 2005  

    Post a Comment

    << Home