League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, July 10, 2005

    OJT

    I've always understood this is a very different job. It's going to be what I make it from a mental standpoint. When the phone rings, I'll be ready to take the ball."--Curt Schilling 7-9-05
    It seems that Curt is making it clear that he is ready to answer the call of his closer roll and also to answer any doubt (from Johnny Damon or others) that he can get ready and warm up just as fast as anyone else.
    I got ready fast, just like the other day. I'm not going to need any extra pitches, any more than anybody else. With a phone call, I can be ready as quick as I need to be.
    In his second outing as a reliever (for the Sox) he faired much better than his two run debut posting a one, two, three inning with just seven pitches.

    Full Story

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home