League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, June 08, 2005

    In Case You Missed It

    10:00 pm Return from work (actually I left work 3 hours earlier and was at a bar) and walk my dog Pedro.

    10:15 Pour my first (home) beer, tune into the game and see Wells getting out of a scoreless and hitless first inning. The first thought that runs through my mind is that this is the repeat of the game usually show at midnight.

    10:17 After getting out of my work clothes I sit back down still confused by the fact that the game is just getting started.

    10:30 It is confirmed by the broadcasters that there was a 3 hour rain delay, I suddenly become excited by the simple fact I will have an entire game to keep me up late with good cause.

    10:49 With Wells pitching a perfect game into the third inning, I wonder if I will have to get off my "I hate David Wells Campaign" anytime soon.

    10:50 Taguchi gets a base hit and relieves me of such nonsensical thoughts as I get my second beer.

    11:16 Mueller gets a lead off hit, marking the third consecutive inning with the lead off man on, will it be the third inning with no runs to show for it? Damon strikes out to end the inning, as I wonder why he was selected to be on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy? This guy already waxed his chest, and invited his hair stylist to his honeymoon? If it wasn't for his hot wife I would be sure he was gay.

    11:29 I receive a call that is not game related, the call takes no less than 15 minutes and proceeded to interrupt/distracted me as the only 3 runs of the game score. ( I hope a few people are not reading this) Sox lead 3 nothing.

    11:45 I am pissed as I get my second beer, second beer? This has to be my third beer, I have already lost count.

    11:57 I take comfort in the fact that David Wells best start of the season will probably not be seen by most every Sox fan.

    12:12 The thought crosses my mind that Wells might be able to pitch a complete game shut out.

    12:27 Foulke starts to warm after Taguchi's second hit of the night.

    12:39 Renteria was about to go 1 for 12 for the entire series, instead he goes 2 for 13 and sends a homer over the center field wall to make it 4-0.

    12:41 My last beer, I think it was my forth (home) beer that was poured.

    12:42 Only one other baseball game is still being played (in San Francisco).

    12:52 Foulke does what he does best. Get two outs and then shit the bed as he gives up two hits.

    12:54 After coming in in a none save situation (4-0) Foulke goes all the way to being one pitch away from bringing the tying run to the plate. Sexy Results!
    Final 123456789RHE
    Boston 000003001490
    St. Louis000000000062


    IPHRERBBSOHRERA
    David Wells (W,4-4) 8.04000205.07
    Keith Foulke 1.02000005.79

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home