League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, June 01, 2005

    The Contender: Johnny Damon

    I haven't had to go to that triangle to the wall for about three years, and I had two balls right there today. I was trying to stick my glove into the spot where I could make a catch, and unfortunately the wall caught my face. You guys should be interviewing the wall. I did some damage to it, pushed it back a couple inches.
    How much give is there in that wall?
    Well, you know there is a little more give than Damon Jackson head that's all I know. I feel great. I was having a little battle with Terry between the innings because I was putting the batting gloves on; I was getting ready to take my at bat. He asked me if I was alright and I was like 'yeah I am fine to hit.' The Skid pulled my eye socket out kind of, and we actually saw some bleeding. I was fine to keep going but I did not realize that I needed stitches. I plan to be back tomorrow. The only thing in question is probably my right knee, it got a little banged up and swelled up a little bit as the day or as the night went on. I plan to be back tomorrow.

    Did they check you for a concussion?
    Yeah they checked me for that, I had to know four words, let's see...blue, plane, tree, and grass. I still know those, I had to know those words and count some numbers but that turned out good. I got to try to find my skin on the wall tomorrow. I am going to call Terry tomorrow morning and give him the go ahead to put me in the line up, right now I feel fine, so I will be ready to go. I think those walls can talk, they would be a good interview.



    It would not shock me if he shows up ready to play tomorrow."--Terry Francona


    Final123456789RHE
    Baltimore001000000151
    Boston 00004010x580

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home