League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, July 09, 2004

    Thanks But I'll Sit On My Couch


    Pedro and Schilling Opt Out of All Star Game
    Schilling was voted to the All Star Game and may have started if Torre anointed him.
    "I talked to him today, and I told Curt, because he was very reluctant to say he wasn't able to pitch, we talked and he was sort of relieved that I told him your obligation is to your team," said Torre. "He's been getting treatment on that heel just about every start. He's going to be there. He was thrilled that he was voted. He didn't want to let anybody down. I think it made him feel good that I pretty much said what he was thinking. The season is important. I know the game counts on Tuesday, but your obligation is to your team."

    Pedro was selected to go in Hudson's disabled absence.
    "They told me today, it was just too late," said Martinez. "I would have loved to do it, but I had already made plans. I would have loved to go."



    Full Story

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home