League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, July 09, 2004

    Athletic Deporters


    RISE UP DAMON AND WALK OFF A WINNER
    Damon scores the game winning run in the tenth inning off of a Bill Mueller hit.
    Solid lead for Schilling was not enough as the All Star Ace struggled with a seven run lead.
    "I thought I made some good pitches," said Schilling. "That last game is the hardest game of the series when you're trying to get a sweep. My goal was to make sure that we were ahead after three innings. Not let them get on the board. I just tried to go out and stay focused and it fell apart so quick. I don't have a reason why other than I didn't execute or they did."


    Mueller who has been a welcome boost since he returned from knee surgery, driving in 6 runs and hitting .455 over the past 7 days.

    "I was just looking to have a good at-bat," said Mueller. "Trying to get a pitch that I could handle and turn it around. Basically, it's that simple."

    Box Score

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home