League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, July 19, 2004

    Ortiz Goes Off Again...


    ....this time with his bat in hand.
    Sox Fork Angles 6-2


    A well rested and pain killer free Schilling puts his ankle and his reputation to the test.
    "That's not pressure, that's expectation. You get that through production," Schilling said. "People wouldn't be expecting me to win if I hadn't done it before. That's part of the pride I take in doing my job. I expect that we should win on the days I pitch. And if we don't, then I've done something tremendously wrong."


    Manny sat out once again from his injured hamstring, but that didn't stop Big Pappy from getting the job done.
    "He's been huge," Schilling said of Ortiz, who has 25 homers and a league-leading 83 RBIs. "And we're playing without Manny right now. That's a huge hole. For the first couple of innings today, it almost looked like [Bengie Molina's] home run was going to stand up. I believe, with this offense, if you can keep the game close through six, this team's going to find a way."

    David's homer put him one behind Manny's league leading 26 ding dongs for the season. Manny and Ortiz have combined for more offense then any other two team mates in baseball.

    With the win Schilling gets his 12th victory of the season, and now leads the Sox in Wins, ERA, and Strikeouts.

    Tonight Arroyo will see if he can get some better luck and prove he belongs in the rotation more than Lowe does. Game time 10:05.
    Box Score

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home