League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, February 15, 2005

    Let the Smack Talking Begin


    Nixon criticizes A-Rod

    Trot Nixon wasted no time in fueling the Red Sox-Yankees rivalry, criticizing Alex Rodriguez on Tuesday.

    Two days before the official opening of Boston's training camp, the Red Sox outfielder praised Rodriguez's playing ability but said the third baseman wasn't the "Yankee type."

    "I don't look at him as that. He might be in a lot of people's eyes," Nixon said. "He's done some great things on the field. He's one of the baseball players in the game and probably will be when it's all said and done. But when people ask me about the Yankees, I tell them about (Derek) Jeter and Bernie Williams and (Jorge) Posada. I don't tell them about Rodriguez. ... He can't stand up to Jeter in my book or Bernie Williams or Posada."


    By HOWARD ULMAN
    AP SPORTS WRITER
    Full Story

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home