League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, January 07, 2005

    Mientkiewicz Won't Give Up the Biscuit

    It seems that Doug Mientkiewicz won't let go of the final out ball he caught Foulke's toss to first base. A prize memento indeed however Mientkiewicz has other plans for it, and called the ball...
    my retirement fund...I hope I don't have to use it for the money. It would be cool if we have kids someday to have it stay in our family for a long time. But I can be bought. I'm thinking, there's four years at Florida State for one of my kids. At least." Mientkiewicz said.
    Red Sox brass is far from litigation but that doesn't mean they are too happy about Mientkiewicz's plans for the ball.
    We want it to be part of Red Sox archives or museums so it can be shared with the fans," Lucchino told The Boston Globe. "We would hope he would understand the historical nature of it."



    Full Story

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home