League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, October 27, 2004

    I enjoyed my career in Boston

    Pedro gives a farewell speech after his game 3 start in the World Series
    "Its been great, its been a great ride. I hope everybody enjoyed it as much as i did. Even with the struggles that I have had, up and down during the season, I really enjoyed it, I enjoyed every moment, I enjoyed my career in Boston. I am really happy things went the way they have, I hope I get another chance to come back with this team, but if I don't I understand the business part of it, I just hope that many other people understand that I wasn't the one that wanted to leave. I am only doing what I have to do. They are going to have their chance to get me back in their uniform. If they don't get me its because they didn't try hard enough. My heart is with Boston, I consider Boston my house, its actually my house. You know I just hope every thing works out OK, the emotions are always going to be there. I am an emotional player, I am just going to do whatever possible to remain here and if it doesn't work out I am going to go way with all the respect for management for everybody. I will just continue to do what I have to do somewhere else and hopefully give them another push. I think four times out of seven years in the playoffs is not bad. Its not a bad average. Also preforming like I did tonight, and the previous games in the playoffs, its not bad. If I am to leave, I will leave and I will be proud of it."

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home