League Leaders  |  Red Sox Schedule  |  Who's Hot  |  Red Sox Leaders  |  Rain Out Tracker 5000  |  Probable Pitchers  |  Red Sox Odds 
    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, October 31, 2005

    Theo Departs after not being Shown the Money

    In the wake of Brian Cashman being shown more than $5 million over three years from the Yankees Theo Epstein walked off the job Monday after he realized the Boston Red Sox would not be willing to pay him any where near his New York counterpart.



    My decision not to return as general manager of the Red Sox is an extremely difficult one... I gave my entire heart and soul to the organization. During the process leading up to today's decision, I came to the conclusion that I can no longer do so... My affection for the Red Sox did not begin four years ago when I started working here, and it does not end today."


    Theo's Complete Statement

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home